martes, 8 de octubre de 2013

#Postcards from Northern Spain.


      #Postcards from Northern Spain is a diary from a trip without the rush to our destination, in which the path becomes the star. #Postcards is a nostalgic diary which talks about memory, time and landscapes.

#Postcards was born from the observation of landscapes that were passing front of my eyes when I was driving, in a hurry towards my destination. I was so hurried to arrive on time that I couldn´t stop to watch them.

Talking again about something I analyzed before in #SinPrisas, we are living too fast, I started this new project which talks about time, the slow trip, about the fun of driving, stopping and refueling and having a relaxing lunch without checking the watch if we are late. I talk about the present and the future will be allocated in a second place.

#Postcards explains about the memory of landscapes, those we are losing because of the modern motorways, that often we prefer for the safety and velocity.

It  presents about my memories when I was a child and I travelled with my parents long trips and we had to stop to sleep and that was a reason for a new adventure.

With all these things in my mind I left my home at the beginning of September to drive over the North of Spain, from Aragon to Asturias. Driving only through country roads let me stop and took pictures without been in danger. I took the pictures that often I did not have time to take. For almost one month I drove through villages and roads, discovering natural and artificial water reservoir, shepherds, old bridge, etc. 
I introduce fifteen images, I called the project #Postcards because all these are in a small size, like a postcard. Each picture shows those landscapes that I discovered during this trip. The name of each picture came from the country road where I stopped every time.

#Postcards is a tribute to my country, Spain, to all those incredible landscapes that it has and we have almost forgotten them.



Discover more images on Facebook: SusanaLF: postcards.

Thanks to Veronica for her post in her blog.

Read it here: Postcards by Miss V Designs.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario